KIDS IN THE KITCHEN
My grandkids are becoming quite the cooks. My daughter is the publisher of The Country Register of Minnesota and she has a new section of the paper that she is calling Kids in the Kitchen. I thought maybe I would start sharing some of the recipes with you that maybe you could try out with your kids or grandkids.
Summer is starting to wind down, but there is still plenty of heat going on in a lot of the country so there is still time to make "frozen pops"!
Here is what you will need:
2 cups blue Powerade, Gatorade, or Kool-Aid
12 - 5-0z. disposable cups
1 cup frozen whipped topping
1 cup vanilla yogurt
12 craft sticks
2 cups cran-raspberry or cran-apple juice
How to make it:
- Divide blue juice between the 12 plastic cups. Place the cups in the freezer until juice is partially frozen.
- Mix whipped topping and yogurt together.
- Divide the white mixture between the 12 cups.
- Put a craft stick into the center of each pop and return to the freezer for about 45 minutes.
- Add the red juice to the cups and place back into the freezer until fully frozen.
Looks good to me. Now...if I just had my grandkids around to make them for me! I sure do miss those grandkids of mine. :)
So give this a try and stay cool where ever you are. As far as me up here in the north country.......fall is starting to slowly move in and the rainy season is here so no more heat up here. :(