Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

QUILTING/SEWING TIPS

I am always keeping a list of tips on sewing that maybe some day I will get to use. I decided that I would start to share them with all of you. Maybe some of you already do these, but maybe there are a few that might learn a new tip. So here is the first of the tips. 


  •  Use a toilet brush (dry and clean) to pick up loose threads around sewing area on the carpet. (I don't have a toilet brush....I am a sponge user so I just added this picture for you)



  • To clean leftover fusibles on your iron, use fabric softener sheets. Heat your iron-no steam and iron the fabric softener until the fusible is removed. It may take a few sheets.




  • If your thimble is a little too large for your finger, remove it, lick your finger and put the thimble back on. Now the thimble won’t fly off your finger!



I will have to try the first one since I haven’t tried it yet and if your room is like mine the thread is about to strangle me!

I actually do use the fabric softener sheets to clean my iron and it works absolutely wonderful!! It is a great idea!

Now the last one………………….I don’t know about that one……………if you are like me my hands are dirty from handling the scissors, needles, etc so why in heaven’s name would I want to lick my finger!! I will let you all try this one and let me know if it works! :)

So, these are a few tips I have for you. I will put together a few more again for later. 


Enjoy your day!!


2 comments:

  1. G'day Colleen. Great tips. I like the first one. Must try that. I also have used the fabric softener for cleaning my iron. Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, who'd a thunk it? Great tips Colleen, thanks! (And I'm not licking my fingers either!!) Deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...