Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2014

CELEBRATING NATIONAL QUILTING DAY

I have been sewing, crocheting, crafting most of my life, but my first love is quilting. I absolutely love to quilt! I don't get to do as much as I would like as I am always working on projects for my Etsy shop and local markets, but today I am celebrating National Quilting Day!

National Quilt Day had its start in 1989 when the Kentucky Heritage Quilt Society organized a "Quilter's Day Out" which was the third Saturday of every March. In 1991 The National Quilting Society really like the concept of having a national day that they started celebrating in 1992 the "National Quilting Day". Over the years it has actually expanded to March being National Quilting Month. Two great celebrations.....National Quilting Month and National Crafting Month! Just gets your creating juices flowing with all these celebrations doesn't it. :)

So for all you quilters out there have a great "Quilter's Day Out"!! 


national quilting day


2 comments:

  1. Happy Quilting Day, Colleen!
    I better tell my mom who is a quilter, who hand quilts huge beautiful quilts every day! She will not piece them but she sits over them and hand quilts for hours for other people who put them together! She tried to teach me....another lost cause.
    Enjoy your day!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy quilting day Colleen! Hope you had a wonderful day stitching :O)
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...