We have been accomplishing some of our landscaping that we scheduled for this summer. I must say tho......I am getting wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to old to be shoveling all the dirt and gravel around! :(
So I thought I would share another installment of.....Did You Know. Just tidbits I hear and read and like to share with you here. :)
1. When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking pan, use a bit of dry cake mix instead and there won't be any white mess on outside of the cake.
2. If you accidentally over-salt a dish while it is still cooking, drop in a peeled potato and it will absorb the excess salt for an instant "fix me up." I don't use salt in much cooking as my hubby has a low salt tolerance, but maybe this would work.
3. Wrap celery in aluminum foil when putting in the refrigerator and it will keep for weeks.
4. Brush some beaten egg white over pie crust before baking to yield a beautiful glossy finish. My mother told me about this one. Now I just need to get busy and bake a pie. :)
5. Some people place a slice of apple in hardened brown sugar to soften it. I use a slice of bread and it works just as well.
6. When boiling corn on the cob, add a pinch of sugar to help bring out the corn's natural sweetness. Hmmmmmm.....this is a good idea. I will have to try it.
So I hope some of these tidbits help with your cooking. Now if you are like me I need all the help I can get when it comes to cooking! :) Happy cooking!
Have a wonderful week! :)