1. Crocks-this is always at the top of the list. They seem to be very popular and you usually can find them in most antique stores. The designs on them are so neat and you can use them inside or outside.
2. Vintage textiles-these are fabrics, linens and quilts(yeah! my favorites!) You can hang them on walls, put them in cabinets and use them for table runners.
3. Woodenware-or better known as boxes and bowls. I love the old boxes! Wish I had more room for them. The bowls can be used to put things in and sit on the shelf and boxes look good stacked in the corner or as I do, put them on the top of your kitchen cabinets to add to the prim look.
4. Baskets-baskets are good because they come in so many different shapes and sizes. They can be used alone or to store other collections like those vintage textiles you have.
5. Pewter-this is a staple item in the Colonial look. You can usually find some in an antique store or of course online.
6. Yellowware-it was made from the 1830's to the 1940 so it should be easy to find some. These add a bit of color to your decorating scheme. Many people that collect these have cabinets that display them well.
7. Redware-many people like these because it adds to their prim kitchens. They can display them all over the kitchen. I like the looks of the redware, but I don't have the room for them. :(
8. Lanterns-these come in all kinds of shapes and sizes. If you have the primitive/Colonial decor you certainly will need these as all Colonial houses had them.
9. Books-books are always popular in the primitive/Colonial houses. When we had our antique business books were always great sellers. They just give that distinct Colonial look to the room.
10. Candle molds-sometimes these may be hard to find in antique stores, but I am sure you can find them online. They look great sitting on the shelf or if you have a mantel put them on there. Wish I had more room...I would have some of these. :)
Ok.....that rounds out our top 10 collections for this year. Hope this list gives you some ideas on what people are using in there primitive and Colonial homes this year.
Enjoy decorating and have a great day!