* To determine whether an egg is fresh, immerse it in a pan of cool, salted water. If it sinks, it is fresh, but if it rises to the surface, throw it away.
* Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away. (Need to have hubby try this since he has so many headaches.)
* Don’t throw out all that leftover wine: Freeze into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces.
* If you have a problem opening jars: Try using latex dishwashing gloves. They give a non-slip grip that makes opening jars easy. (I also use my work gloves which are the sticky type of gloves...works like a charm since they have to put those lids on the jars with pneumatic pressure!)
* Potatoes will take food stains off your fingers. Just slice and rub raw potato on the stains and rinse with water.
* To get rid of itch from mosquito bites, try applying soap on the area and you will experience instant relief. (Also baking soda pack will do this.) :)
Yep...learn something new everyday! Have a good one! :)